You are here

GISLA, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)

GISLA, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)

Summary:

TOWN (Undated)
Centred on NB 129 257

Location:

NB 129 257

Full description:

NB12NW 8.01 centred on 129 257

A township comprising seven roofed buildings, four of which are of complex shape, one partially roofed building, four unroofed buildings, three of which are annotated as Ruins, and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire, Island of Lewis 1854, sheet 30). Two of the buildings are annotated as Corn Mills, one is roofed (NB12SW 8.02) and the other is unroofed.
Ten roofed, one partially roofed, two unroofed buildings and the fragmentary remains of the head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1974).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 14 August 1997

Acknowledgement:

Information provided by Western Isles Council Sites & Monuments Record, January 2006.

 

Title: GISLA, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)
Record Type: All Records
Type: Town/Village
SMR Record ID: MWE134764
Grid Ref Easting: 112900
Grid Ref Northing: 925700
Record Maintained By: CEU
Subject Id: 32416